Monday, June 29, 2009

Soccer..no...ballet

Tay can't decide if she wants to try Soccer (I am trying to be Switzerland and remain completely neutral all the while smuggling those paintings in the guise of REAL Salt Lake games) or if she wants 'Ballerina lessons'. Her Aunt Cheryl just assumes she will be playing soccer and has been overtly feeding her desire. She bought her two soccer balls, one for the REAL team to sign, and one to play with, even though I had already bought her a size 3..in pink months earlier. She also has shin guards now, thanks Aunt Cheryl. We took her to the REAL / Toronto game on Saturday. It was great! Brett went with us and Tay spent the time making friends. No lie. The guy in front of us high 5'd her a few times for her screaming: GO RED TEAM! (she can't say REE AWL, or at least she won't try.)

When the crowd would groan, Tay would groan. When REAL scored and the place went wild, Tay went wild. She screamed at the top of her lungs which prompted the people in front of us and in front of them to turn around and smile at her. Brett asked: Was that her? I nodded. He said: Oh my. And giggled. She's loud. I asked her if she wanted to play and she jumped up and down: Yes! And I smiled.

When Cheryl took her to get the ball signed, she waited in line and watched all the people kicking around. Once the ball was signed...she bounced it. Yep, like a basketball. Wouldn't kick it, bounced it. I caught the REAL players watching her and smiling. So I think, although she looks REALLY cute in the outfit, we will wait a little longer. THAT and she was showing me how Ballerina's point their toes in cleats on the way home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment