Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Don't say that Mom

We were driving. We drive a lot. I was in my lane and the traffic ahead of me was slowing down, so I slowed down. Now, my lane also had an on-ramp/off-ramp situation going on. Stupid layout as far as I am concerned and here's why:

There was a 'guy' merging onto the freeway...not paying attention to what was ahead of him just whether or not he could speed up fast enough to beat the guy coming up on me in the outside lane. He did NOT see that everyone, including myself, was slowing down. That's right he sped up and started to merge behind me too quickly. I can't tell you how close he was to us because I could only see the top of his hood and not a bumper! I sped up a little (NOTE: Gentlemen, this is WHY you leave escape room of at least one car in front of you, in case you have to move up out of 'someones' way.) and as I was doing so he barely made it past me. I literally braced for impact and this escaped my lips:

Oh crap! What an ass.

Tay: Hey! You can't say asshole Mom.
Me: I didn't say asshole Tay I said ass. He was being stupid and reckless and I called him an ass.
Tay: Don't say asshole Mom.
Me: I didn't honey.
Tay: Well don't say it anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment