Saturday, March 27, 2010

If you say No

Tay asked for a wooden, paint-able face-mask-stick-thing (when you see it - YOU can tell me what it is called, but until then...face-mask-stick-thing it is). It was a few dollars so I said: Why not?

Megan said she could use her paints on it when she got home. She meant LATER, as in TOMORROW. But Tay heard: WHEN YOU GET HOME.

We got home, she asked for the paints.

I said: Not right now, it's getting late and we need to get ready for bed, not paint.

She pouted, and whined, and pouted and whined and I sent her to her room.

When I released her from the prison I told her:

When I tell you do something, just do it. Do not question or argue, someday it may save your life.

She came downstairs, much calmer, and asked for a good night snack:

Mom, she said, can I have a good night snack? And if you say No I won't have one. If you say No I will just sit down. I really will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment